[Librem-5-dev] Building and testing your own kernel

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Dec 27 18:04:16 PST 2018

On 28/12/2018 07:18, David Boddie via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> On Thu Dec 27 03:43:39 PST 2018, Dorota Czaplejewicz wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> thank you for doing that work. We're normally building the kernel
>> using image-builder [0], and we're currently using .debs for the
>> kernel.
>
> Thanks, Andy!
>
>> I feel like this information belongs on some wiki, but we don't
>> have one set up yet. I've started putting random useful info on
>> my own page [1]. David, do you have any ideas?
>
> I have been using my fork of the documentation for stashing notes
> about things:
> https://source.puri.sm/david.boddie/developer.puri.sm/wikis/home
>
> We could just enable the wiki for the documentation:
> https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm/wikis/home
>
> Andy, does that sound like it might be a useful place for you to
> put stuff? We could use it as a staging area for things that
> should end up in the documentation.

Yes I think you're going to need the wiki.  Many developers will stay
on-piste and just follow the blessed, existing flow, but part of the
whole idea is some won't.  Then it will get expensive doing 1:1 chat for
every detail needed to get them started.

Information rots quickly but even so it usually doesn't all rot at the
same rate and is worth keeping for a while.  At least information in the
wiki that is rotting can be updated by others when they see it's out of
date, which is harder to do for "documentation".

I cloned it, added an article .md by hand, and registered my ssh pubkey
with the site, but I can't push it back.

$ git push
ssh://warmcat@source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm.wiki.git
+master:master
warmcat at source.puri.sm's password:

It should be using the key... do I need some extra permissions,
different URL, etc?

-Andy