[Librem-5-dev] Mapping question - GPS

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 8 08:14:38 PST 2020

Hi Luke,

Nice app you do :-)

But to answer your question (I'm a 'geo'-guy...), in Gnome there is
already 'Maps': https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Maps
Which can show most of the things you mention.

I cannot find the page, but there was a web page on purism site about
which apps are/can/should be ported to work on small screens...

On linux (and Windows and Mac) there is QGIS (https://qgis.org) a real
GIS, not so much of a simple viewer.... But it is possible to use the
'core'-libs of those to create a QML/Qt based interface.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde