[Librem-5-dev] Deciding on Handy.* possiblities

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Nov 22 01:02:30 PST 2019

Hi List,

(resending as sending with (small) attachment seems not to come through)
Screenshot now here: https://duif.net/kiker.png

In an earlier mail I told that I was trying to 'port' MQTT-Dash [0] to
gtk/librem5 in PyGTK.

I've the logic of it now more or less working (see screenshot):
- 'tiles' are updated based on mqtt topics
- mqtt msg's are published (eg to turn on lights)
- realtime showing the last received msg
- coloring and changing (svg) graphics (like in MQTT-Dash)

but now have to decide on the UI-part of the rest of the application.
Anybody has some input/guidance in this.

Read a lot about LibHandy, but cannot decide if I should
- create a GtkWindow with one Handy.Dialog for configurations
- create a GtkWindow with Handy.Leaflet's used for both 'tile'-pages and
config
- create something based on a GtkStack(?)

One of my goal's is to keep the app really responsive, as in: I want to
be able to use it on for example a RaspberryPi or laptop touchscreen too.

I'm happy to share current git version of the app with whowever is
interested, but as it contains a connection some private info, I'm not
ready yet to put it on gitlab/hub/whatever

I've been trying to look into the Purism examples, and can run them
mostly, but more complex examples (like the ones in Gnome_builder) fail
to compile fully.

So in short: anybody interested in this MQTT client, and want's to have
a little chat with me, via whatever channel?

Regards,

Richard

[0] https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.routix.mqttdash