[Librem-5-dev] devkit powers on but won't boot -- also other NXP Quad boards?

David Boddie david.boddie at puri.sm
Tue Jul 9 13:36:05 PDT 2019

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 12:49:05 -0400, Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 12:02 -0400, Jeremiah C. Foster via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> > On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 07:25 -0600, Angus Ainslie via Librem-5-dev wrote:

> > >     Soldering on the debug header will make debugging way easier.
> >
> > I think at this point this seems like the best approach.
>
> I've ordered headers from Digikey and am going to test a quick and
> dirty approach to see if I can get up and running again.
>
> In the meantime I'd like to continue to be able to help Todd test and
> am thinking about getting another iMX8 quad device. I wonder what
> people think about this one;
> https://www.solid-run.com/product/SRMX8QDW00D03GE008V20C0/ ?

Someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just a SoM. You'll
need a board to put it on that breaks out the interfaces.

> This is the same CPU and the same SoM I believe as our phone so it
> seems appropriate. It obviously does not have a screen but I have a 7
> HDMI touch screen that I believe I can use with this. This may turn out
> to be an interesting way to test convergence or adaptive applications
> since the screen is a different size from the phone.
>
> What do others think?

In the devkits forum, others have found similar boards:

https://forums.puri.sm/t/librem-5-dev-board/4063/11

It may be useful to take a look at their recommendations and see if any look
promising.

Regards,

David