[Librem-5-dev] early feedback: issues encountered while running maps applications

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 12:24:49 PDT 2019

Hi,

to work out whether Mapbox GL can run using native patched OpenGL
components, I cross-compiled for arm64 QMapboxGL library and QML bindings
to this library. Corresponding packaging repositories are

https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qmapboxgl
https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qml-module-mapboxmap

DEBs were compiled against Debian Buster chroot, without Purism changes.
But it should work through dynamic linking on devkit with pached OpenGL
libs.

For those who have few minutes for testing and don't mind downloading DEBs,
you could use DEBs at

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CaiQl1Pwnj4gUGguq8NEKSmbw0hWIuu1

Install 2 of 3 debs (devel is not needed) and then clone on your device
https://github.com/rinigus/qmltest . Follow the README in that repository
for required dependencies. Either register at Mapbox or PM (email, matrix)
me for Mapbox token and run the test with `map_mapboxglqml.qml` (see README
how).

Cheers,

Rinigus