[Librem-5-dev] devkit powers on but won't boot

Jeremiah C. Foster jeremiah.foster at puri.sm
Mon Jul 1 10:58:18 PDT 2019

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my devkit. It powers on (two lights behind
the battery holder turn on) when plugged into my laptop via USB but
doesn't boot. The 'boot mode' switch is set to eMMC and I've tested it
on USB as well, there's no discernable difference.

The reboot light flashes when the reboot button is pressed but there is
no change in the devkit. No haptic, no screen.

Similar behavior with power from a battery except with the battery
there is only one light lit.

I've found recently that one of the cables in the has come loose. I
managed to reattach it using the image in the documentation, so I think
it is connected corretly.

I'm going to reflash to see if that has something to do with my issue,
but that feels like a shot in the dark. If that doesn't work I guess I
need to soder a UART debug header.

Regards,

Jeremiah