[Librem-5-dev] Librem5 Dev Kit - Quick Start

Dorota Czaplejewicz dorota.czaplejewicz at puri.sm
Mon Dec 24 10:23:27 PST 2018

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 18:17:09 +0000
David Philipe Gil via Librem-5-dev <librem-5-dev at lists.community.puri.sm> wrote:

> I just got my Librem 5 Dev Kit and cannot get things set up in a way I would expect. How do I connect to the Dev Kit?
>
> Do I need to use an HDMI cable to connect it to a monitor?
>
> Do I need to SSH into the Dev Kit?
>
> Am I supposed to be plugging the Dev Kits USB-C cable into my computer? If so, how do I power the Dev Kit?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi David,

have you followed the link printed on the leaflet?

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Development_Environment/Boards.html

It describes what's possible with the USB cable, including shell access and connecting to the PC. SSH information is not there yet, but will be.

If you're ready for more discussion, there's a community Matrix channel, all described here:

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Contact/Community.html#matrix-chat-rooms

Hope that helps,
Dorota