[Librem-5-dev] queries with dev kit environment set up

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Wed May 29 01:21:17 PDT 2019

Hi,
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:36:29AM +0930, Dan Kortschak wrote:
> Thanks. Since the board was fresh out of the box due to a later deliver
> as stated above I had assumed that I would be working from a common
> starting point and could just follow the provided documentation.
>
> It's unclear to me from the outset exactly what information would be
> useful, so this is why I asked for suggestions about how to debug it.
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux pureos 4.18.11-g418cc45f #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 22 06:24:21 PDT
> 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux
>

> * HDMI
>
> $ cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/hdmi at 32c00000/status
> disabled
>
> but the link from /boot/dtb looks like it is pointing at the right
> thing
>
> $ ls -l /boot/dtb
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 May 24 21:59 /boot/dtb -> dtbs/4.18.11-
> g418cc45f/./librem5-evk.dtb

Is that the location you copied the HDMI device tree to? Can you try
copying the HDMI DT to /etc/flashkernel/dtbs and run flash-kernel and
see if that helps with HDMI?

> which exists
>
> $ ls -l dtbs/4.18.11-g418cc45f/./librem5-evk.dtb
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 42276 May 24 21:59 dtbs/4.18.11-
> g418cc45f/./librem5-evk.dtb
>

> * WIFI
>
> No, I did not remove the blacklist line as I didn't realise it was
> blacklisted. I have now and that resolves that issue. I will send an MR
> to add that instruction or at least note that it is blacklisted.

I've filed https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm/issues/122
for this.

> If the documentation that's at the set up guide page is not correct, is
> there documentation that I can follow that is?

It's not that the docs aren't correct in general - they're a great
resource to get started. It's just the DTB part that needs updating:

Check https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm/issues/121

Cheers,
 -- Guido