[Librem-5-dev] queries with dev kit environment set up

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue May 28 04:14:39 PDT 2019

Hi,
On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 08:13:45PM +0930, Dan Kortschak via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> Can anyone suggest how I can debug these two issues?

In general providing the version (uname -a), related logs (dmesg,
journalctl -b0), information from/sys/firmware/devicetree and
e.g. lsmod helps.

> thanks
> Dan
>
> On Sun, 2019-05-26 at 08:45 +0930, Dan Kortschak wrote:
> > I think this is the last couple of questions from me on this page.
> >
> > I have successfully reflashed the eMMC and that has all worked.
> > Setting
> > up the HDMI does not appear to work though.
> >
> >  * I have performed the change at [1] but this does not bring up the
> >    HDMI connection and the on-board display remains on.

uboot is likely not picking up the right DTB then. Check whether
/boot/dtb symlink points to the right hdmi dtb.
Also this should print okay when you're using the right device tree:

$ cat /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/hdmi at 32c00000/status

I think the docs at

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Development_Environment/Boards/imx8.html#hdmi

don't match what needs to be done since the image is using uboot's
distro boot and flash-kernel. When using flash-kernel "custom" dtbs
should go to /etc/flash-kernel/dtbs (untested):

   cp <hdmidtb> /etc/flash-kernel/dtbs/
   flash-kernel

> >  * The second issue is how to get rsi_sdio to load at boot. I have
> >    added rsi_sdio to /etc/modules, but it remains unloaded, leaving
> > wi-
> >    fi off without manual intervention. The wi-fi switch is correctly
> >    positioned and wi-fi works fine after modprobing rsi_sdio.

Did you remove it form the blacklist:

   https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/librem5-devkit-tools/blob/master/etc/modprobe.d/librem5-devkit.conf#L4

Cheers,
 -- Guido