[Librem-5-dev] queries with dev kit environment set up

Dan Kortschak dan at kortschak.io
Sat May 25 04:00:07 PDT 2019

Thanks Darota,

Yes, I am talking about the USB serial as described in the linked
page[1]. There is says that root can login. This is not the case with
my board.

> Debian GNU/Linux 10 pureos ttyGS0
>
> pureos login: root
>
> Login incorrect
> pureos login: purism
> Password:
> Last login: Sat May 25 07:51:32 UTC 2019 on ttyGS0
> Linux pureos 4.18.11-gee84b30c #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 18 11:29:53 PDT
> 2019 aarch64
>
> The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free
> software;
> the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
> individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
> Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
> permitted by applicable law.
> purism at pureos:~$

I have not yet got to the reflashing step. I will likely get to that
tomorrow. The ssh login checks appear prior to that on the page and I
am assuming that there is a sequence to the instructions (also note
that DHCP appears to be set up on my board since the IP specified did
not work and the IP that it did have fits within my local network's
DHCP allocation range).

The ssh session does not complain about key mismatch when given -vvv
(ssh to localhost after logging in via USB serial conn).

> purism at pureos:~$ ssh -vvv localhost
> OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10, OpenSSL 1.1.1b  26 Feb 2019
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: /etc/ssh/ssh_config line 19: Applying options for *
> debug2: resolving "localhost" port 22
> debug2: ssh_connect_direct
> debug1: Connecting to localhost [::1] port 22.
> debug1: Connection established.
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_ecdsa type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_ecdsa-cert type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_ed25519 type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_ed25519-cert type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_xmss type -1
> debug1: identity file /home/purism/.ssh/id_xmss-cert type -1
> debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10
> debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
> OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10
> debug1: match: OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10 pat OpenSSH* compat 0x04000000
> debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: Authenticating to localhost:22 as 'purism'
> debug3: send packet: type 20
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
> Connection reset by ::1 port 22

thanks