[Librem-5-dev] queries with dev kit environment set up

Dan Kortschak dan at kortschak.io
Sat May 25 01:08:04 PDT 2019

Apologies if this is not the correct place.

I received my dev kit very late due to shipping oversights and have
only just started being able to get the device set up.

So far it is working, though there are discrepancies between what I'm
seeing and the instructions at [1]. Both the serial connection and the
ethernet conn communicate however:

1. With the serial, the docs say that root can login. This is not the
case failing at username entry (I imagine this is a policy change).

2. More significantly, while I can use the ethernet conn to see out, I
cannot ssh into the device; the connection is closed by the host. The
same thing happens ssh localhost from the device. I've looked at
sshd_config and I don't see any difference between it there and on my
laptop which is working fine. It's been a long time since I've manually
set up a sshd so I'm a little lost as to what I'm missing.

Can someone point me in the right direction to sort this out?

thanks
Dan

[1]
https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Development_Environment/Boards/imx8.html