[Librem-5-dev] applications using native debs

Heather Ellsworth heather.ellsworth at puri.sm
Fri May 24 12:08:59 PDT 2019

Hi Rinigus,

On 5/24/19 11:57 AM, rinigus via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while Flatpak would probably work for most of the applications, we may
> need once in a while to build applications with DEBs for L5. Examples
> include testing, distribution of applications that are not matching
> Flatpak restrictions, and maybe some other reasons. Right now, I am
> looking for it to be able to distribute maps software for testing and
> distinguish issues coming from flatpak packaging - something I cannot
> rule out.
>
> I wonder whether we have any kind of build system that can be used now
> for building "extra" deb packages that could run on L5/devkit? For
> Sailfish, we have OBS that allows to compile complicated projects and
> distribute them through its internal repositories. Anything similar for
> Pure OS? If there is, I would appreciate a way to test and use it. If
> there is none, how can we compile software for L5 taking into account
> its architecture?

We do already build some debs for the L5 devkit and if you want to add
puremaps to our build job, you can submit a MR to add it to the yml file:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/deb-build-jobs

Then one of us (you can just ping me directly or reach other team
members in the community matrix rooms) can push the build button to
launch the jenkins build and the job and its artifacts would appear here:

https://arm01.puri.sm/job/debs/view/All/

> Cheers,
>
> Rinigus

Cheers,