[Librem-5-dev] early feedback: issues encountered while running maps applications

David Boddie david.boddie at puri.sm
Wed Jun 26 04:32:35 PDT 2019

On Wed Jun 26 00:16:33 PDT 2019, rinigus wrote:

> I wonder how is it done in GNOME shell on desktop. Namely, the shell is
> able to associate correct icons with the applications running from Flatpak.
> In case of Pure Maps, I can see icon in GNOME shell while the running
> application is something else than the name of flatpak app. Ideally, it
> should work the same way on Phosh, so we can get as close as possible to
> the already available correct desktop experience.

The trick is to call QGuiApplication::setDesktopFileName() with the name of the
desktop file that represents the application:

https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qguiapplication.html#desktopFileName-prop

So, for Pure Maps, I believe you would pass "io.github.rinigus.PureMaps.desktop"
to this method. QtWayland then strips the ".desktop" from the end and uses the
rest as the application ID.

Regards,
David