[Librem-5-dev] early feedback: issues encountered while running maps applications

David Boddie david.boddie at puri.sm
Tue Jun 25 15:39:18 PDT 2019

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 00:05:24 +0300
rinigus <rinigus.git at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean that the icon is missing in the app switcher?
>
> yes, exactly!

In that case, you may want to look at this issue:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm/issues/94

It seems that the executable name needs to match the "stem" of the desktop
entry file name. So, if the application provides a com.example.my_app.desktop
file, the executable file needs to be com.example.my_app and this is set using
glib_set_prgname in GTK apps. I can't find an equivalent to this in Qt apps at
the moment.

> > [...]
> > Basically, for Qt 5.11, set the QT_WAYLAND_DISABLE_WINDOWDECORATION
> > environment
> > variable to remove them.
> >

> For some reason, on Qt 5.11, ApplicationWindow is rather unhappy if you set
> it. Although, switching to plain Window makes it all work. On 5.12, as on
> Flatpak platform, all works as it should with that env variable. Probably
> would work also with "visibility: Window.FullScreen" as well. Thank you for
> explaining it!

I only discovered those issues today, so thanks really should go to the Qt
Wayland maintainer for writing his blog about it. :-)

Regards,

David