[Librem-5-dev] running on L5/Gnome

David Boddie david.boddie at puri.sm
Mon Jul 22 07:36:05 PDT 2019

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 15:26:25 +0300, rinigus wrote:

> I wonder whether `XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP=gnome` is set under L5 when running
> applications from the default environment.

On my current devkit build:

  XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME

> I have started a small project that would allow to style Kirigami
> applications a bit closer to what's expected under GNOME and would like to
> know how I can determine whether the application is running under GNOME
> environment. Unfortunately, QEMU has not been working for me for about a
> month, I think. So, cannot really test it either.

Image build 1863 works for me:

  https://arm01.puri.sm/job/Images/job/Image%20Build/1863/

I'm running it with this command:

  qemu-system-x86_64 -boot menu=on \
      -drive file=qemu-x86_64-1863.qcow2,format=qcow2 -vga virtio \
      -display gtk -m 1G -enable-kvm -device e1000,netdev=net0 \
      -netdev user,id=net0,hostfwd=tcp::5556-:22

I haven't had a chance to return to QML/Kirigami/Pure Maps testing for a long
while. :-(

David