[Librem-5-dev] devkit powers on but won't boot

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at puri.sm
Tue Jul 2 06:25:00 PDT 2019

Hi Jeremiah,

On 2019-07-01 11:58 a.m., Jeremiah C. Foster via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having some trouble with my devkit. It powers on (two lights behind
> the battery holder turn on) when plugged into my laptop via USB but
> doesn't boot. The 'boot mode' switch is set to eMMC and I've tested it
> on USB as well, there's no discernable difference.
Which image did you flash ?
> The reboot light flashes when the reboot button is pressed but there is
> no change in the devkit. No haptic, no screen.

If you flashed a 5.2 image there will be no haptic.

> Similar behavior with power from a battery except with the battery
> there is only one light lit.
>
> I've found recently that one of the cables in the has come loose. I
> managed to reattach it using the image in the documentation, so I think
> it is connected corretly.
That shouldn't stop it from booting but might affect the display.
> I'm going to reflash to see if that has something to do with my issue,
> but that feels like a shot in the dark. If that doesn't work I guess I
> need to soder a UART debug header.

From what you posted to the matrix channel it sounds like the board is
not getting past u-boot. I've seen this with a few images when the
u-boot env isn't correct. If you point me at the image you used I might
be able to diagnose it without you connecting the debug header.

Soldering on the debug header will make debugging way easier.

Cheers

Angus