[Librem-5-dev] Building and testing your own kernel

David Boddie david.boddie at puri.sm
Wed Feb 20 06:11:18 PST 2019

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 19:20:56 +0800, Andy Green wrote:

> I can't find any existing notes about kernel build and test without
> overwriting the old kernel.  In the absence of any official information,
> here's how I did it.  It's not hard since Linux, Freescale, Emcraft and
> Purism (and gcc) guys already did the hard stuff.

Thanks again for writing up what you did. I used your notes as the basis for
a change that went into the documentation. Unfortunately, it took longer than
I wanted to get it merged:

https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/developer.puri.sm/merge_requests/190

Anyway, it's there now, so hopefully it will save others the effort of
figuring it out for themselves:

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Development_Environment/Boards/HowTo/
Rebuilding_the_Kernel.html

David