[Librem-5-dev] keeping in sync with Debian

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:52:22 PST 2019

Hi,

while probably great to avoid having moving target in terms of the base
packages, it will inhibit development using toolkits that are not refreshed
timely. In particular, we should not expect any major refresh in Debian
Stable for years to come, if Debian is still using the same policy as it
used in the past. Do I understand it correctly that it will also makes it
impossible to add new packages via upstreaming them through Debian? Read
here 'impossible' as having to wait for years before new applications will
be able to come to the phone via that route.

Cheers,

Rinigus