[Librem-5-dev] location services

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 12:36:11 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have tested the location services on QEMU image of L5. Please note that
my interpretation is based on reading on the subject - I am not an expert
on Geoclue2.

Location provider works as expected, via IP location provider, if demo
geoclue2 agent is started. Looks like current window manager does not
implement Geoclue2 Agent API (
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/geoclue/docs/gdbus-org.freedesktop.GeoClue2.Agent.html).
An example for such implementation is at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/blob/master/js/ui/status/location.js
, if it is of any help. On user side, its a dialog box and settings that
are kept by desktop environment to ensure that only applications with
explicitly given permission have access to location data.

If my interpretation is correct, where should I file an issue?

Cheers,

Rinigus