[Librem-5-dev] Pure Maps as a native deb

rinigus rinigus.git at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 13:50:49 PDT 2019

Hi,

I have made a set of debs that consist of Pure Maps itself and its
dependencies. Due to rather old Kirigami version shipped with Debian, I
have composed this build on the basis QtControls only. When Flatpak will
support all latest patches for Mesa, I will switch to that as a
distribution channel. Unless Debian/PureOS will catch up with Kirigami...

As suggested earlier by Heather, there is an option to include Pure Maps
debs as a part of the build job run on Jenkins. However, I would expect
that the packaging scripts are reviewed first. Since its my first run of
debian packages, maybe someone can check whether I am on the right track?
The packages were composed by gbp, all in master branch, except for Pure
Maps (branch pureos/l5); with the simplest package listed first:

https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qmlrunner
https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qml-module-nemo-dbus
https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qmapboxgl
https://github.com/rinigus/deb-qml-module-mapboxmap
https://github.com/rinigus/deb-pure-maps

Some of the packages depend on each other in the build phase
(qml-module-mapboxmap depends on qmapboxgl-dev). I presume that the build
system can resolve this dependency automatically.

Cheers,

Rinigus

[...]