[Librem-5-dev] Librem5 Dev Kit - Quick Start

Dorota Czaplejewicz dorota.czaplejewicz at puri.sm
Mon Dec 24 13:26:53 PST 2018

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 15:42:16 -0500
Eric Kuzmenko via Librem-5-dev <librem-5-dev at lists.community.puri.sm> wrote:

> On 12/24/18 3:24 PM, David Philipe Gil via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> > Thank you, Dorota. I am currently trying to figure out how to use the
> > Matrix chat and I had issues logging in. I am using Riot.im and
> > already have an account, so I am not sure why I can't login. If you
> > could share a link that you are able to use, that could help.
> >
> > I do realize the documentation is lagging behind whats possible. I
> > think I will need to ask how to connect via SSH since I dont know the
> > IP address or hostname of the Devkit. In any case, thanks for helping
> > me with the expectations on this device.
> You can try setting your host's IP to 192.168.42.200 and sshing into
> purism at 192.168.42.202, but this may not work depending on if the static
> IP actually gets properly assigned at boot. If it does work out, the
> password is 123456.
>
> For now, the most reliable way to get in is via "serial" communication
> over USB (e.g. using minicom or cu), using a USB 3.0 port on your machine.

Agreed, it's how I figure out the IP. Getting serial access over USB is described here:

https://developer.puri.sm/Librem5/Development_Environment/Boards/imx8.html#test-run

You will get a serial console, then you can log in as root, and then you can check IP using the usual tools (e.g. ip addr).

Cheers,
Dorota