[Librem-5-announce] [ANNOUNCE] libhandy 0.0.5

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Wed Nov 7 06:55:23 PST 2018

Hi,
We're happy to announce the release of libhandy 0.0.5:

    https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/libhandy/tags/v0.0.5

Here's a list of changes:

libhandy (0.0.5) experimental; urgency=medium

  [ Guido Günther ]
  * Release libhandy 0.0.5
  * meson: Properly depend on the generated headers.
    This fixes dependency problems with the generated headers such as
        https://arm01.puri.sm/job/debs/job/deb-libhandy-buster-armhf/263/console
    See
        http://mesonbuild.com/Wrap-best-practices-and-tips.html#eclare-generated-headers-explicitly
  * debian: Make sure we create a strict shlibs file libhandy's ABI changes a
    lot so make sure we generate dependencies that always require the upstream
    version built against.
  * debian: Mark buil-deps for tests as <!nocheck>
  * gitlab-ci: Deduplicate before_script
  * gitlab-ci: Build with clang (scan-build) as well.
    We currently don't fail on warnings:
        https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/issues/4334
  * HdyLeaflet: Remove unused initializations spotted by clang
  * doc: Add that virtual methods carry the class prefix (Closes: #53)
  * docs: Add libhandy users.  This allows to find in uses examples easily.
  * docs: Mention meson as well.  Fewer and fewer GNOME projects use
    autotools.
  * docs: Drop package_ver_str from include path.  We add this in the
    pkg-config file so no need to specify it again.
  * Add i18n infrastructure
  * Add hdy_init() This initializes i18n. (Closes: #36)
  * meson: Depend on glib that supports g_auto*. Related to #33
  * HACKING: document using g_auto* is o.k. (Closes: #33)
  * HACKING: Use syntax highlighting.
  * Drop Jenkinsfile.  We run in gitlab-ci now
  * build: Detect if ld supports a version script.  This is e.g. not the case
    for Clang on OSX. (Closes: #58)

  [ Jeremy Bicha ]
  * debian: Have libhandy-0.0-dev depend on libgtk-3-dev (Closes: #910384)
  * debian: Use dh --with gir so that gir1.2-handy gets its dependencies set
    correctly
  * debian: Simplify debian/rules.

  [ Adrien Plazas ]
  * example: Drop Glade support in flatpak build.
  * main: Init public GObject types in hdy_init() This will avoid our users to
    manually ensure libhandy widget types are loaded before using them in
    GtkBuilder templates.
    Fixes https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/libhandy/issues/20
  * dialer: Descend from GtkBin directly.
    Makes HdyDialer descend from GtkBin directly rather than from
    GtkEventBox. GtkEventBox will be dropped in GTK+ 4 and brings no
    functionality to HdyDialer.
  * example: Rename margin-left/right to margin-start/end.
    Left and right margin names are not RTL friendly and will be dropped in
    GTK+ 4.
  * HACKING.md: Rename margin-left to margin-start.
    Left and right margin names are not RTL friendly and will be dropped in
    GTK+ 4.
  * titlebar: Fix a mention of HdyLeaflet in the docs
  * example: Do not access event fields.
    This is needed to port to GTK+ 4 as these fields will be private.
  * dialer: Do not access event fields.
    This is needed to port to GTK+ 4 as these fields will be private.

  [ Alexander Mikhaylenko ]
  * example: Remove styles present in GTK+ 3.24.1.
    Libhandy requires `gtk+-3.0 >= 3.24.1` anyway, so these styles aren't
    necessary, and also break upstream `.devel` style.

  [ Jan Tojnar ]
  * Use pkg-config for obtaining glade catalogdir

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this release.

Cheers,
 -- Guido (on behalf of the libhandy team)