[Librem-5-dev] Librem5 Dev Kit - Quick Start

Eric Kuzmenko eric.kuzmenko at puri.sm
Mon Dec 24 12:42:16 PST 2018

On 12/24/18 3:24 PM, David Philipe Gil via Librem-5-dev wrote:
> Thank you, Dorota. I am currently trying to figure out how to use the
> Matrix chat and I had issues logging in. I am using Riot.im and
> already have an account, so I am not sure why I can't login. If you
> could share a link that you are able to use, that could help.
>
> I do realize the documentation is lagging behind whats possible. I
> think I will need to ask how to connect via SSH since I dont know the
> IP address or hostname of the Devkit. In any case, thanks for helping
> me with the expectations on this device.
You can try setting your host's IP to 192.168.42.200 and sshing into
purism at 192.168.42.202, but this may not work depending on if the static
IP actually gets properly assigned at boot. If it does work out, the
password is 123456.

For now, the most reliable way to get in is via "serial" communication
over USB (e.g. using minicom or cu), using a USB 3.0 port on your machine.